Frequently Asked Questions

Q. I am in another state- is it legal for me to have a Nevada Corporation?

A. Absolutely! You can base your business in Nevada and continue to conduct business wherever you happen to be. Remember that the corporation is a separate entity which is "resident" in the state. The shareholders and directors of the corporation may reside anywhere they wish.

Q. I am a home based business in California- If I set up a Nevada Corporation will I still have to pay California taxes?

A. You will be subject to any state tax on your personal income, but you do not have to pay state taxes on the corporate profits. Of course, you will have to file federal income tax forms for the corporation and pay any federal taxes.

Q. Do I have to have a Nevada bank account?

A. It isn't required, but it is recommended.

Q. Do I need a business license?

A. Not in Douglas County.

Q. Can I establish my own telephone number for the corporation?

A. Yes, we suggest an 800 number.

Our staff takes pride in providing personalized, efficient services so call us at (800)785-2677 with your additional questions or comments.


Why Nevada? | Services | Getting Started | Helpful Tips | FAQ's | Email | Home

276 Kingsbury Square, Suite 104

P.O. Box 3600
Stateline, (Lake Tahoe), NV. 89449

(775) 588-8123
Fax (775) 588-8040